Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chinese Not Chicken Salad

I spent some time in the garden this morning pulling weeds. It is really hard sometimes to tell the weeds from the seedlings that are just spouting up. It took a while, but eventually I managed to remove a good amount of them. I came back inside and began to do some work in the house. In a few hours later I sat down to look through some email and I felt something crawling on my neck! After my initial "freak-out" I realized what it was. Apparently, a caterpillar had been hitchhiking on my clothes for a few hours. I don't think I will ever get used to sheer volume of critters here in the south! Don't worry Mr. or Mrs. Caterpillar is safe. I placed him or her back outside. Unfornately I still feel like something is crawling on me.

Tonight's dinner is a very simple one. If you have a food processor with a shredding plate this meal is very quick to prepare.




                                                        Chinese Not Chicken Salad




Dressing
2 tablespoons of Bragg Liquid Aminos or Tamari Sauce
2 teaspoons of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon of garlic
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons of raw honey

Salad
6 cups of shredded napa cabbage
3 cups of shredded red cabbage
2 cups of shredded carrot
1/2 cup of thinly sliced green onion

Topping
1/2 cup of sliced almonds

Prepare dressing first. I put all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake, then shake up again right before pouring on the salad. Prepare your salad, top with almonds and dressing and enjoy right away!

Rawmometer Rating 4

Husband, "What is this coleslaw?" (he doesn't like coleslaw)
Oldest Daughter, "This is good!"
Oldest Son, "See, I took some." (I pursue him with raw veges frequently, hehe)
Youngest Son, "I like this, can I have seconds?"
Youngest Daughter, "I kinda like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment