Thursday, March 15, 2012

RAWCHOS!!!!!

Since I last posted we have been doing a little gardening. A friend said to try some mushroom compost so oldest daughter "M" and myself were out spreading it last night. The package said odorless, I beg to differ.

Anyway I was raking leaves and all of a sudden I see a wad of animal hair. I was puzzled and used the rake to pull away more of the dirt and out popped a baby bunny. The bunny really scared "M" and myself and we both jumped back not realizing initially what we had found. It seems a mommy rabbit thought it would be a good idea to build her nest in my garden. We found another baby, frozen from fear, further down in the shallow hole. I released them into the forest behind our house, but did so sadly, because I know it's unlikely the mom and the babies will be reunited. I couldn't help it, I cried a little bit. I know I am silly that way.


Ok, on to what you came here for.................RAWCHOS!!





Tonight's meal is RAWCHOS! These are so full of flavor and filling it is hard to eat a lot of them! It's actually three recipes in one.

First the Corn Chips:





Raw Corn Chips
This recipe is adapted from Paul Nison's website. His wife Andrea has a video showing you how to make these. He has a wonderful site and is a big inspiration to me. Check it out!! http://healthwatchman.com/

8 cups of organic corn
1 cup of sunflower sheets
1/2 raw onion
1/2 cup of ground flax seed
1 teaspoon of sea salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon of chili powder

Blend till creamy. Spread on teflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for 12 hrs. turn over and dehydrate another 12 hrs. This takes total of 24 hrs. or until crispy. (ours took more like 30 hrs. so plan ahead! We have a lot of humidity) When done score into triangles.








Taco Meat
This recipe is a combination of Ani Phyo's Taco Meat and the Nungessors.

In a food processor, using the S blade, combine:

2 cups of soaked walnuts
1 tablespoon of cumin powder
2 tablespoons of Tamari Sauce
Sea Salt to taste (careful not too much!)
1 cup of fresh (organic) corn

Pulse untill it resembles ground beef. You may have to "spoon" ingredients off the side of the processor to help it mix better.





Nacho Sauce

In a blender add:

1 cup of purified water
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup of pine nuts, soaked overnight and drained
1 cup of sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and drained
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt or to taste

Blend till creamy. (This sauce is very versatile. It can be used on pizza, in tacos and as a dip!)

Assemble your nachos! Place chips on plate, then "meat", then cheese. Top with a little fresh salsa and some chopped avocado.


 Rawmometer Rating: Nachos 4.5 , Taco "Meat" 5 , Nacho Sauce 5
Oldest son, "C" "It's good mom, it's a taco."
Oldest daughter, "M" "This is my favorite meal all week!"
Youngest son, "B" "Good!"
Youngest daugter, "C" "5"
Husband, "Very good!"


No comments:

Post a Comment